Pages

Wednesday 24 November 2021

Writing 5 Senses

 Writing Task - Five Senses!


Today you have a different kind of writing challenge. Today you will not be writing AS MUCH as you can. Yesterday you were limited by the amount of words you can use in your story.


Here is what you must do.


  • Choose one of the photo prompts as the subject for your writing

  • Write a short descriptive piece of writing as though YOU were in the scene.

  • Use your 5 senses to describe what it is like to be there, and what it must feel like. (Sight, touch, taste, sound, smell).

  • You don’t have to use all 5 senses, but try to!


Five Senses

Sight 

What are the interesting visual parts of the scene?

“Tree tops bend and sway as the wind sweeps through the forest”

Touch

What sensations do your hands, feet, and skin feel in the scene?

“The ground shook beneath my feet, and the cold wind felt like I had swallowed an ice cube”

Taste

What is the taste in my mouth? How does it feel?

“I winced as I swallowed the bitter medicine. YUCK!”

Sound

What are the interesting noises in my scene? 

“As the sun rose we were greeted by the songs of birds, and the gentle rush of wind through the trees”

Smell

What are the things in my scene that give off a smell? What kind of things am I smelling?

“As I finished the last side of the house the smell of freshly cut grass filled my nostrils”


You can use one of these photos for inspiration, or you can be creative and come up with one all on your own!









PLAN:



Who are you in this scene?

I was in the land of the dead.

What is happening in the scene?

I could see lots of people walking around and they looked like skeletons.


What do I see?

What can I feel?

What do I taste?

What do I hear?

What can I smell?

Women and men skeletons.

The flowers and concrete  on the ground

air

People talking 

food



Begin your writing here:

 I woke up from a nap one day and then I found myself in the land of the dead. I saw lots of people but they were skeletons, they were walking around like normal people and did not mind other skeletons.


 I felt something on my foot so I looked to see what it was. I looked at the floor to see what it was and I could see flowers yellow and orange all around the floor and lots of buildings. 


It was like I was still at home. But I wasn't. I started to look around and try to go back home. While walking around I could see the skeleton people talking to each other. I was really confused on how they were talking. 


While I was walking around I could feel the flowers on the floor and the concrete. It felt really weird. I could taste the air. It tasted like normal air. It had no flavour even though I could taste the air and I could smell food like chicken and bread. It smelled so delicious. 


I was getting kind of tired so I fell asleep on a bench. When I woke up I was at home and people were normal and were not skeletons. I was really confused but happy I was back home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.